Geoffrey C. Burdick
- I graduated from the University of Florida Law School in 1982 with honors after completing my undergraduate work with a degree in psychology. I also received a certificate of academic excellence from the University of Florida Law Review; very few lawyers have obtained such a prestigious award.
- I am board certified in civil trial law by the Florida Bar and specialize in Personal Injury Law as well as Business and Commercial litigation. Only seven percent of all Florida lawyers have achieved this coveted award.
- My practice of more than 29 years has been dedicated to providing the highest quality legal services for my clients while maintaining a dedicated and committed concern for their legal and emotional needs in their time of crisis. I am always available to discuss the case in a timely fashion as well as any concerns or questions my clients may have in the comfort of a low key but professional office environment. I take each case personally and will fight for your rights to the same extent I would for anyone close to me. A lawyer and his client must have a special relationship of trust and understanding. I make sure that my clients feel they are important and that I have their best interests in mind at all times.
- Choosing a lawyer may be one of the most important decisions that you make. You will not know if you are getting the best lawyer by choosing one from a billboard, television or from the telephone book. My client’s are my best resource. I do not advertize so all new clients have been referred by other clients, associates and friends or find me on the internet.
- I received an award for outstanding pro bono services, providing legal services for those who could not afford a lawyer, from Legal Aide of Palm Beach County. I am a member of the Florida and Palm Beach County Bar associations and have served on a variety of bar related service committees. I am a member of the Palm Beach County Justice association and I have been accepted to practice before the United States District Court, Southern District and have also practiced before the Fourth District Court of Appeals.
- I am an active alumnus in Leadership Palm Beach County which performs many social and civic functions for nonprofit groups throughout the community. I have volunteered for a variety of organizations including Junior Achievement and the Sierra Club. I have served as a board member on the West Palm Beach Housing Authority, the Urban League of Palm Beach County, the ACLU and the West Palm Beach Small Business Advisory Committee, to name a few.
- I began practicing law with my father’s firm, Burdick and Daves in 1982, which ultimately became Burdick, P.A. after my brother, Gregory, joined the firm. I continued to work with my father, Sylvan Burdick, until he passed in 2006. My brother and I continue to share space in our building and work together on various projects although we now have separate professional associations.
- I was born in Miami-Dade and grew up in West Palm Beach. I live in the south end of West Palm Beach with my pets and my two children when they are not away at college.
© 2011 by Law Offices of Burdick P.A. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Sitemap