WHY CHOOSE A SMALL FIRM OR SOLO PRACTITIONER
OVER A LARGE LAW FIRM?
- When you select a small firm or solo practitioner you will get more personal service directly from the lawyer. You will not just be a number but will be known by your name. Lawyers in large firms handle many more cases and often pass clients off to associates and paralegals.
- Large firms have greater overhead and must move their business along to sustain their income level to cover the higher costs.
- When you retain a lawyer at one of the larger firms you likely will not know who is going to be handling your case. Even if you meet with a partner you may end up dealing with an associate who is likely a less experienced lawyer.
- Unlike a large firm, small firms or solo practitioner culture is often more relaxed and the dress code is often less formal.
- Everyone knows each other in a small firm fostering friendly and less formal working relationships.
- Clients who have started at large firms and then come to my firm uniformly complain that they are not getting the attention that they deserve and it is difficult to get their questions answered by the lawyer representing them.
- When dealing with a large firm you often have to wade through their bureaucracy.
- My firm has never advertised as many of the large firms do and therefore I don’t have that wasteful additional overhead.
- I will consult with you for free no matter how big or small your case may be.
© 2011 by Law Offices of Burdick P.A. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer | Sitemap